Thursday, August 29, 2013

Contractions are Liars

So... now that I have told most of my family I will now tell every one else what is going on. Yesterday we were sent to the hospital because I had about a good 24 hours of solid contractions. Most of them stayed about seven minutes apart and WOWZA, did they make me sore. To make a long story short, I got in touch with my doctor's office and the nurse sent me over to the hospital to be checked out. After they convinced me I needed an IV, and then blew the veins in one arm they realized that I was not dehydrated so that wasn't the problem (even though I told them I drink over a gallon of water a day) and that my cervix was still totally closed, Reeves was not under any stress and they sent me home. Pretty lame huh? Contractions are liars.

We also learned yesterday that we still do not have a real due date because the first ultrasound tech was an idiot. (Sorry... I am holding nothing back) She puts me at being two weeks behind what we are pretty sure is my due date. I even told my midwife yesterday, "Listen here, I can tell you the exact date this kid was conceived and my last MP, your tech is a moron." and then they looked it up based on the date I gave them and were like... yeah... you are probably right, makes more sense. So... we should be at 37 weeks right now, which makes him technically full term, which makes me anxious and impatient. I am thinking about taking up running if it will help speed up this process because honestly the last thing I want to do is spend another sleepless night worrying about these stupid contractions and checking my kid's heartbeat every thirty minutes and doing a thousand kick counts because I am afraid he is going to stress out. And, also because lets face it, at this point no sleeping position is comfortable especially when you add in the faker contractions. Also, we are still assuming these faker contractions are a chain reaction from my back muscles stretching and it's only going to get worse because my belly has started to drop. This is going to be a long last few weeks.

Also... yesterday was a good first drill. I got to watch my husband in what I thought would be panic mode but no, I was more panicked then Mr. Cool, Calm, and Collected. Of course. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment