Friday, September 30, 2011

The Squirrel

Sometimes I wish my life was as simple and relaxed as this cat. Out of all three of my fuzzy children, he has it the easiest for sure. He sleeps 80% of the day, the other 20% is spent eating or chasing grasshoppers and then he comes inside all night to sleep on the edge of my bed, not his bed... Like this. It's almost 10:00pm and while I'm still up doing homework and waiting for the dryer to finish drying clothes, he sleeps, so peacefully, right in front of me. I'm trading lives with the cat for awhile.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

He makes my heart happy!

Tonight was a long night! Monday's and Wednesday's usually wear me out because those are my on campus class nights. When I get home on these nights all I really want to do is curl up and go to bed. Having this little face greet me at the door, makes it all worth it. Reminds me of why I am doing the things that I am doing.


And now I am being overrun... by Dum Dums.

I recently made friends with the fiance of an old high school friend and started helping her do things for her wedding. Then I was enlisted to help with flowers, and then as a bridesmaid. Now the best part about this whole deal, besides becoming really good friends with the Bride to Be is that finally, after all of these years, I had the opportunity to make a Dum Dums, rehearsal bouquet. My mother had made my aunt one about eleven years ago and since then I have been waiting for the opportunity to make one. I just love them. The only problem is that it's close to Halloween time and the only bag I could find of these suckers was HUGE! And now I am going to have to hide them from myself until Halloween gets here so I don't end up eating them! I hate candy, like really loathe it, yet it never seems to fail, hand me a piece and before you know it....

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Adoption Day Baby Dog!!!

On this day, eight years ago I brought home the cutest little bundle of furr you have ever seen! Since then, he has been my everything! I love you Murphy Man! Happy Adoption Day!

Missing him.

The day that Mutt came into my life I knew that we would be friends for forever and even after everything we have put one another through, it's still that way. He recently moved to chase his dreams and while I am soooo proud of him, my heart can't help but ache for missing him so much. It's just not the same around here without him and I know that I am not the only one that feels it. My poor little fuzzies, the Murph man especially miss him as much as I do. Come on Christmas! We are ready for that little missing part of our hearts to be home.

My Life Lately...

8.29.2011 Fresh Start

It seems like I had been waiting for this month for a lifetime. In April I pledged to myself that this would be the year that I would begin to get my ducks back in a row and start moving past the divorce and everything else that had hindered me from making any life choices. It feels like since the day I left Las Cruces I had always found one more reason, one more excuse to keep myself from going back to school and starting my own life. I am beginning to see my life take shape again and I am enjoying looking forward to all the opportunities that I am making available to myself. I recently had an argument with a friend of mine who in her own words thinks I am, “to damn stubborn and hard headed and all you can see is what you want.” Maybe that is true, but right now I do not think any of those things are bad qualities to have. I want so much for myself such as, an education, a career, a comfortable life, and someone to share it with. I want to be able to do every thing that I can possibly imagine doing.