Monday, October 24, 2011

Not the best fly fisherwoman... Yet.

So this weekend I spent some time being a bridesmaid, (Congrats Carl and Crystal!!!) goofing off, cooking, doing homework, and trying to perfect the art of fly fishing. Which I am not very good at, at all. Recently I have fallen in love with fly fishing. I know you're probably like, "What the hell Vern, when did you pick up fly fishing and why?", but let me tell you... I have decided that fly fishing is one of the most amazing things that I have ever seen. I know this person who is absolutely talented when it comes to fly fishing, watching them fly fish is like sitting down and reading Robert Frost. Well for me that is how it is anyways. Reading Robert Frost is one of my favorite things to do because after I read one of his pieces I can almost see myself in the middle of a scene that he has painted with words, natures beauty surrounding me, bright sunshine, a light breeze and quiet... just quiet. Anyways, that is what it's like when I watch this person fly fish, everything is just quiet and relaxing and.. well... beautiful. So anyways, I got serious about this whole fly fishing thing. I'm not any good but I am so determined after this weekend to be! Oh and also, here is my first catch... and yeah, I know you are impressed. (Sarcasm)
On another note though... the cooking. I tried duck shish-kabobs for the first time ever this weekend and let me tell you... mmmmmm so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment