Monday, February 17, 2014

Momma Splurges

So lately I have gone a little crazy.. and what I mean by that is that I have gotten in touch with my feminine side. I didn't even know that was possible y'all. Let me tell you what happens after having a baby boy.. and yes... I realize this baby boy is only four and a half months old and there isn't much he can get into but I am already getting part of the effect. What I mean is... boys are smelly and dirty and it's even worse when they have a Daddy who thinks it's funny. I was recently peed on and the kid laughed hysterically at my reaction and his Daddy responded with... "That's my boy." and I was like... "O' Hell. And so it begins..." So then I thought, "I am going to do something for me!", Because I live in a house with 5 boys if you count my fuzzies who are all boys.

So the first thing I did was:
I signed up with Ipsy! I recently had a Birchbox but after receiving a million foil packets (ok not really a million but a bunch) I decided to shop around when I came across a vlog on Youtube comparing Birchbox to Ipsy and then... I was sold. It cost $10/month and you get "deluxe samples" or in this case, full size products shipped right to your door. I priced my glam bag this month and these products would have cost me $50 if I would have purchased them out right. So score!  If you love the products you can go to Ipsy's website for deals in which you can buy these products for a discounted price. Basically I am addicted, this is my new crack.  (and by the way... they come in makeup bags! Not some dumb box you will just throw away!) If you are interested below is my link in which you can use to sign up and get your own bag and if you use it you are helping me earn points so that is pretty awesome too. Also... if you allow Ipsy to post a link on your Facebook you get off of the waitlist sooner and trust me, it's worth it.

Veronica's Ipsy

 
But then my Darling Husband must have realized that I was in need of a little TLC because he contributed to my craziness for Valentine's first by getting me this...
This is a Diamond Candle! Inside each candle is a ring worth, $10, $100, $500 and up to $5000 I think. Anyways, They are soy candles and man!, They smell delicious. This candle was called Desire and smells like a man's cologne. Mmmm so good. I was almost more excited about the smell than the ring.
Speaking here is a photo with the ring. Sorry if that is hard to see but my instagram is being dumb for some reason. Anyways... The ring was worth $10 but it was super fun waiting for it to burn down and brownie points to the hubs for remembering how badly I wanted one. Here is the link to the Diamond Candle site. I think they are worth every penny!
 
And then my husband bought me a Bath & Body Works gift card with $40 on it which was awesome because I have been saving up a few $10 coupons and so I came home with this:
2 hand soaps, 4 signature shower gels, 1 signature lotion and the most important item aromatherapy lavender and chamomile sleep lotion, my all time favorite. Basically I live for B&BW! And I tried a new signature scent this time, Cashmere Glow. It smells like heaven, seriously. Now, I only use B&BW shower gel because I wait for rare occasions like this and I stalk up like crazy but really other shower gels kill my skin but these for whatever reason do not. The aromatherapy stuff was something I discovered right after I learned I was pregnant. My mother in law bought my first bottle of it and since then I have been totally hooked. I live in it every night and as soon as I put it on Baby Love snuggles right up to me and is out! So anyways, after my gift card and coupons I only paid $8.49 for all these goodies.
 
Then came along Jamberry:
This is one of the coolest products ever. So... my friend posted a facebook party not to long ago for Jamberry and of course I was busy carrying my kid around and not paying attention and then my little sister Steph was like, "Hey! I become a consultant for this cool new product." And now I am hooked. I even have a Jamberry party going on, on Facebook right now. So let me tell you... Jams are basically like stick on nail polish that you can get in all kinds of designs, non toxic, last for WEEKS, are basically the most amazing thing ever. I may never buy nail polish again. They even make them for little girls! I am so in love. So if you have not joined my Facebook party, which you should, but if you have not you can still purchase your own through my party until the 22nd of February by using this link...

Veronica's Facebook Jamberry Party

 
And clicking on Veronica's Facebook Party at check out.


 
And my last little splurge (which was actually pretty much free) in which I have not taken photos of because it's not in yet was... a new pair of Calvin Klein jeans from Twice. Twice has this great deal going on right now where if you download their new app they credit you $10 and since I just sold a bunch of useless crap on ebay I made up the 2.95 difference and bought those babies.
 
 Phew...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment