Thursday, August 16, 2012

The end of an era...

Remember that meltdown I told you to prepare for? Well, it's basically here. Tomorrow is our last day here and I feel really weird about it. I didn't think that I was going to because I have been dreaming about the day I would leave here again for the past five years but tonight, I just feel sad. I am not sad so much about leaving Capitan but I am sad about leaving this house. I keep having these flash backs of all the good times my family and I shared here, all the fights, all the laughs, they just keep coming back. I know this isn't my only childhood home, I had one in Clayton too but this place holds a lot of memories. It just feels weird to leave behind something that you know so much about. I know how the hole was put behind the spare bathroom door, I know how the second bedroom door was cracked, I remember painting these walls a bright ass yellow with my Mom before we realized just how bright it was and had to repaint it all brown. I remember ripping the carpet out and helping Dad put down the wood floors in the living room and hallway. I remember watching my parents take the awful hanging island cabinet out that I hit my head on every time I tried to talk to my sisters across the room. I remember coming home with a broken heart and staying up all night in my parent's bedroom crying my eyes out to my Mom. To the rest of the world this might just look like some single wide trailer with weeds growing all around it, but for us it has been home and leaving home for good, is not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment