Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Prepare for a MELTDOWN

Holy shit y'all... I'm moving away from my little town for forever in 3 days. I have been preparing for this day for a long time, and now that it's almost here, I am feeling a slight touch of anxiety. Here is the thing, this place is not the place I wanted to spend my whole life at, and it does suck you in but I learned something about living here when I came back. The reason that people come back here and never leave is because this place is... peaceful. However this place is also not for the young at heart, this is the place that people come to grow old. I am so ready to go re-start my life again but at the same time these reoccurring thoughts keep popping up in the back of my mind. For example: Remember how hot it is there?, Remember how you feel about being stuck in traffic? Remember what it is like to have neighbors? And then I have to tell myself to suck it up, we (Husband, Fuzzies, and I) deserve something better than just barely getting by and the only way to get there is to do the one thing I have been dying to do, finish the degree.

Also, I have decided to become more frugal lately. I rented books yesterday for this upcoming semester..(yes rented because to buy would have been a small fortune.) ...and after I rented them a small piece of me died. Seriously... why the F are books so expensive? Can someone please explain to me why a book that has the same amount of pages, same size, etc. as one of my coffee table books cost 11 times as much? Coffee table book- $20 Spanish text book- $220 USED. Kill me now. I guarantee you I am still probably not going to be able to put together a sentence in Spanish by the end of the semester. However, I will probably have learned every bad word and slang term out there. Ok fine, that is probably not true, I really do want to learn Spanish.

Anyways, wish me luck that I don't have a massive anxiety attack, that I do not die of a heatstroke in the desert, that I do not end up with a serious case of road rage, and that I do not have a heart attack when I have to buy the rest of my books from the university bookstore. Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment