Thursday, August 14, 2014

8/14/2014

Crazy things have been happening here at Casa de Lopez lately. For one... BabyLove thinks he is a grown up these days. What?! Where has the time gone? Pretty soon my sweet little babe will be a year old and his mother is still trying to figure out how we got here so fast. Wasn't it just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital? Wasn't it just yesterday that I spent every extra moment that I wasn't screeching and freaking out apologizing to my nurses and midwives for screaming out the F word over and over again? Wasn't it just yesterday that I was certain those 36 hours of waiting, and pain, and hallucinating were never going to end? Wasn't it just yesterday I was asking God to please let me meet my BabyLove face to face? For the record... as crazy and painful as that whole experience was, it was still the best 36 hours of my life because I learned so much about myself, my loving, loyal, strong husband, and my amazingly tough kid. Also... has anyone else ever reached a level of pain in which they began to hallucinate? That was the craziest experience of my life and something that I did not even know was possible. With all of my back surgeries I have never been that out of it.

Anyways... speaking of painful situations... BabyLove has finally pushed that first little tooth through and the second one is almost there. We have had a few bad days and nights but really, he has been pretty tough. I however have been a big ball of emotions. He is beginning to look more and more like a little boy and less like a baby boy. Tonight Baby Daddy said... "I just can't believe how much he has changed. He doesn't even remind me of the baby we brought home." Well yeah... because he is every where these days! We have a really long hallway in our house and no joke the kid can crawl down it within just seconds and he pulls up on everything. In just the last few days he has began trying to stand from a seated position without pulling up on anything. The personality and attitude he has developed is also something else...
Generally he is a very happy baby but I will admit that he most definitely has a Reeves' temper. I was really hoping he would be laid back like his Daddy but unfortunately he is just like his Momma in that department. Either way... he is still the most amazing person I know.

School will be starting soon and I recently received all of my books in the mail! (and a new NMSU sweater because obviously I needed another one to go with all of the others.)
I am a little nervous about how this semester is going to go but I am trying to stay ahead by reading as much as I can now. The other night I was laying in bed reading when Baby Daddy came in and made fun of me for it. 

Baby Daddy: What are you reading?
Me: A book about teaching to juveniles behind bars.
Baby Daddy: Are you going to teach to juveniles behind bars? 
Me: Well I wasn't planning on it but it does seem interesting, I think I could probably actually enjoy a job like that. 
Baby Daddy: Doesn't sound interesting. Sounds like a bad idea. Where did you even get this book from? 
Me: It's one of my textbooks for a special topics class. 
Baby Daddy: Wait.... you are reading a textbook? 
Me: Yes.
Baby Daddy: School hasn't even started yet. 
Me: I know. 
Baby Daddy: Wow.... you are like the biggest nerd I know. 
Me: Hey now! 
Baby Daddy: Nope it's official... I married a nerd. My wife is a nerd. 
Me: Shut it. 
Baby Daddy: Whateva.... nerd. 

He thinks he is sooo clever. Anyways... like I was saying, I am nervous because my child is so active these days and I am not sure if I am prepared yet for all of the sleepless study nights that are ahead of me. I have to keep reminding myself... "Self... you are SOOOOOO close to the end."



No comments:

Post a Comment